An excellent woman who can find? She is more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the merchant she brings her food from afar. She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.
What qualities did I see presented in this passage?
- Trustworthy “The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.” vs 11
- Takes joy in her work, content, does not complain, completes her tasks “She seeks wool and flax and works with willing hands.” vs 13, “She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.” vs 15
- Plans and saves money “She is like the ships of the merchant she brings her food from afar” vs 14
- Is not lazy, does not procrastinate “She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.” vs 15
How can I apply this?
- In order to be trusted you must be worthy of trust. Ask God to help you improve your integrity (even if you think you are honest you can always do better). If you say you will do something, do it. Even if it is small.
- Be content, do not complain about what you have to do, take joy in doing your tasks as unto the Lord.
- I know verse 13 does not seem like it speaks to frugality or money management but in a study about the chapter 31 of proverbs here. She said that it took planning to buy food from afar and it saved money in the end. So be frugal. Manage your money well. Tithe as you are blesses and led to, save and help those in need.
- Do your tasks as soon as you are able. Do not put off things you can do now.
Thank you so much for speaking through your word to me today. I thank you for your many blessings that you provide generously day in and day out. I ask you to help me to become more like a Proverbs 31 woman. I ask you to help me portray these qualities and apply these concepts to my daily life. Give me joy in doing so, and help me to do all things as unto you.
In Jesus Name, Amen